Bio-inspired Feedback Loops for Self-Organized Event Detection in SANETs
We focus on the question of self-organized scheduling of event detection in SANET. This question is especially challenging in very dynamic environments. Recently, a number of self-organization methods have been published that focus on network-centric operation in such networks. Based on our previously developed RSN system, which is a light-weight programming scheme for SANET, we study the feasibility of promoter / inhibitor based feedback for self-organized schedule management of rule executions. Early simulation results outline the feasibility of the approach.
KeywordsSensor and actor networks feedback loop promoter inhibitor network-centric operation bio-inspired networking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dressler, F., Dietrich, I., German, R., Krüger, B.: Efficient Operation in Sensor and Actor Networks Inspired by Cellular Signaling Cascades. In: 1st ACM/ICST International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Communication Systems (Autonomics 2007), Rome, Italy. ACM, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Dietrich, I., Dressler, F.: On the Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Networks. ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN) (to appear, 2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Melodia, T., Pompili, D., Gungor, V.C., Akyildiz, I.F.: A Distributed Coordination Framework for Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks. In: 6th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (ACM Mobihoc 2005), Urbana-Champaign, Il, USA, pp. 99–110 (May 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Dressler, F.: Bio-inspired Promoters and Inhibitors for Self-Organized Network Security Facilities. In: 1st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Bio-Inspired Models of Network, Information and Computing Systems (IEEE/ACM BIONETICS 2006), Cavalese, Italy. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Neglia, G., Reina, G.: Evaluating Activator-Inhibitor Mechanisms for Sensors Coordination. In: 2nd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Bio-Inspired Models of Network, Information and Computing Systems (IEEE/ACM BIONETICS 2007), Budapest, Hungary (December 2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Janeway, C.A., Walport, M., Travers, P.: Immunobiology: The Immune System in Health and Disease, 5th edn. Garland Publishing (2001)Google Scholar