Construction of Large Constant Dimension Codes with a Prescribed Minimum Distance
In this paper we construct constant dimension codes with prescribed minimum distance. There is an increased interest in subspace codes in general since a paper  by Kötter and Kschischang where they gave an application in network coding. There is also a connection to the theory of designs over finite fields. We will modify a method of Braun, Kerber and Laue  which they used for the construction of designs over finite fields to construct constant dimension codes. Using this approach we found many new constant dimension codes with a larger number of codewords than previously known codes. We finally give a table of the best constant dimension codes we found.
Keywordsnetwork coding q-analogue of Steiner systems subspace codes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Betten, A., Braun, M., Fripertinger, H., Kerber, A., Kohnert, A., Wassermann, A.: Error-correcting linear codes. Classification by isometry and applications. With CD-ROM. In: Algorithms and Computation in Mathematics 18, p. xxix, 798. Springer, Berlin (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Etzion, T., Silberstein, N.: Construction of error-correcting codes for random network coding (submitted, 2008) (in arXiv 0805.3528)Google Scholar
- 11.Etzion, T., Vardy, A.: Error-Correcting codes in projective space. In: ISIT Proceedings, 5 p. (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Gadouleau, M., Yan, Z.: Constant-rank codes and their connection to constant-dimension codes (submitted, 2008) (in arXiv 0803.2262)Google Scholar
- 13.Kötter, R., Kschischang, F.: Coding for errors and erasures in random network coding. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 54(8), 3579–3391 (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Niskanen, S., Östergård, P.R.J.: Cliquer user’s guide, version 1.0. Technical Report T48, Communications Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland (2003)Google Scholar
- 18.Silberstein, N.: Coding theory in projective space. Ph.D. proposal (2008) (in arXiv 0805.3528)Google Scholar
- 21.Tonchev, V.D.: Quantum codes from caps. Discrete Math. (to appear, 2008)Google Scholar
- 23.Xia, S.-T., Fu, F.-W.: Johnson type bounds on constant dimension codes (submitted, 2007) (in arXiv 0709.1074)Google Scholar