Multi-level SLA Management for Service-Oriented Infrastructures
The ongoing transformation of a product-oriented economy towards a service-oriented economy has come to a critical point. In order to have services as tradable goods, the conditions of their provisioning need to be exactly specified and managed. Service Level Agreements (SLAs) have become a common means for specifying these conditions at a singular level. However, realistic service provisioning scenarios involve multiple stakeholders and layers of a business/IT stack.
This paper presents an approach for multi-level SLA management, where SLAs are consistently specified and managed within a service-oriented infrastructure (SOI). We present the general approach of an SLA management framework, a conceptual architecture and some insights into industrial practice in various domains.
Keywordsservice level agreement (SLA) service-oriented infrastructure (SOI) e-contracting adaptive infrastructures manageability non-functional properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CoreGRID, TR-0096: Using SLA for resource management and scheduling - a survey (August 2007), http://www.coregrid.net/mambo/images/stories/TechnicalReports/tr-0096.pdf
- 2.Nessi-Grid: Grid Vision and Strategic Research Agenda. Deliverables D.1.1 & D.1.3 from NESSI-Grid project (IST-033636) (October 2006), http://www.nessi-europe.com/Nessi/Portals/0/Nessi%20repository/EU%20Projects/NESSI-Grid/Deliverables/NESSI-Grid-SRA_v1.0.pdf
- 3.SLA@SOI project (IST- 216556; Empowering the Service Economy with SLA-aware Infra-structures), http://www.sla-at-soi.org
- 4.NextGrid project (IST- 511563; next generation Grid architectures), http://www.nextgrid.org
- 6.The Open Grid Forum: Web Services Agreement Specification (March 2007), http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.107.pdf
- 7.Balsamo, S., Di Marco, A., Inverardi, P., Simeoni, M.: Model-Based Performance Prediction in Software Development: A Survey. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 295–310 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Theilmann, W., Kilian-Kehr, R.: Quality Considerations in SAP Architectures. In: CompArch 2008, Industrial Experience Report Track (October 2008), http://comparch2008.ipd.uka.de