Collaborative Video Scene Annotation Based on Tag Cloud
In this paper, we propose a video scene annotation method based on tag clouds. First, user comments associated with a video are collected from existing video sharing services. Next, a tag cloud is generated from these user comments. The tag cloud is displayed on the video window of the Web browser. When users click on a tag included in the tag cloud while watching the video, the tag gets associated with the time point of the video. Users can share the information on the tags that have already been clicked. We confirmed that the coverage of annotations generated by this method is higher than that of the existing methods, and users are motivated to add tags by using tag-sharing and tag-cloud methods. This method assists in establishing highly accurate advanced video applications.
KeywordsCollaborative Tagging Video Annotation Tag-cloud Web Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Davis, M.: Media Streams: an iconic visual language for video annotation. In: Proc. of the IEEE Symp. on Visual Language, pp. 196–202 (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Matsumoto, Y., et al.: Japanese Morphological Analysis System ChaSen version 2.2.1 (2000), http://chasen.aist-nara.ac.jp/
- 5.Nagao, K., Ohira, S., Yoneoka, M.: Annotation-based multimedia summarization and translation. In: Proc. of the 19th Int’l Conf. on Computational Linguistics, pp. 702–708 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Rivadeneira, A.W., Gruen, D.M., Muller, M.J., Millen, D.R.: Getting our head in the clouds: toward evaluation studies of tagclouds. In: Proc. of the ACM CHI Conference on Human factors in Computing Systems, pp. 995–998 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Smith, J.R., Lugeon, B.: A visual annotation tool for multimedia content description. In: Proc. of the SPIE Photonics East (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Volkmer, T., Smith, J.R., Natsev, A.P.: A web-based system for collaborative annotation of large image and video collections: An evalusation and user study. In: Proc. of the 13th ACM Int’l Conf. on Multimedia, pp. 892–901 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Ahn, L., Dabbish, L.: Labeling images with a computer game. In: Proc. of the ACM CHI Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 24–29 (2004)Google Scholar