Abstraction of Agent Cooperation in Agent Oriented Programming Language
Collective operation is a concept of parallel programming in which many processes participate in an operation. Since collective operations are suitable for modeling the coordination of many processes, they can be used to model cooperating agents in a multiagent system. In this paper, we propose an agent oriented programming language that exploits collective operations to abstract the cooperating process of agents. We also present a method for implementing collective operations while maintaining the autonomous computational model of agent. Our experiment shows that our language and cooperation model have many advantages in developing multiagent systems....
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hindriks, K.V., et al.: Architecture for Agent Programming Languages. In: Proc. of the 14th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2000) (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Rao, A., Georgeff, M.: Modeling rational agents within a BDI architecture. In: Proc. of the Intl. Conf. on Knowledge Representation and Reasoning KR 1991 (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Rao, A.: AgentSpeak(L): BDI Agents speak out in a logical computable language. In: Proc. of the 7th European Workshop on Modeling Autonomous Agents in a Multi-Agent World (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.The Message Passing Interface, http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/
- 9.The LINQ project, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa904594.aspx