UML-F in the Design of an Agent-Oriented Software Framework
This paper presents a practical development of a study case regarding the utilization of a non-standard UML-F profile for the specification and documentation of an agent-oriented software framework devoted to the passenger transportation domain. UML-F profile does not pretend to replace the standard UML, but to use existing elements in it to represent in a better way the reality of a software framework through the adaptation of UML artifacts. The PASSI methodology has been used as base software engineering methodology for leveraging the multiagent architecture. As a way of ensuring proper development, it has been complemented with a general process for framework development.
KeywordsUML-F Framework Agents Passenger Transportation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Burrafato, P., Cossentino, M.: Designing a Multi-Agent Solution for a Bookstore with the Passi Methodology. In: Fourth International Bi-Conference Workshop on Agent-Oriented Information Systems, pp. 102–118 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Vestal, S.: A Cursory Overview and Comparison of Four Architecture Description Languages. Technical report, Honeywell Technology Center (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Mattsson, M.: Object-Oriented Frameworks: A Survey of Methodological Issues. Technical Report, pp. 96–167, Dept. of Software Eng. and Computer Science, University of Karlskrona/Ronneby (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.PASSI Toolkit, http://sourceforge.net/projects/ptk
- 5.Johnson, R., Foote, B.: Designing reusable classes. J. Object-Oriented Programming 1(2), 22–35 (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Cubillos, C., Cabrera, D.: Towards an Agent Framework for a Passenger Transportation Virtual Enterprise. In: 4th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies, Portugal, vol. 1, pp. 292–295 (2008)Google Scholar