The Influence of Culture and Leadership on Cost Estimation
Culture and leadership factors play an important role in software development and cost estimation. We discuss the many dimensions of culture and leadership and their impact on cost estimation in software development. We conducted a survey to identify leadership and cultural factors that may influence the software development process and its associated cost. A cost estimation model incorporating these factors was developed and evaluated.
KeywordsEffort estimation Leadership Team culture CBR Ontology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.The Peace Corps Cross-Cultural Workbook, p. 10 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Futrell, R., Shafer, D., Shafer, L.: Quality Software Project Management. Software Quality Institute (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Hamdan, K., Abu Sitta, F., Moses, J., Smith, P.: An Investigation into the Gulf States Government Approaches to Software Development and Effort Estimation. In: BCS 10th International Software Quality Conference, pp. 111–126. BCS Press, London (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Shepperd, M., Jorgensen, M.: A Systematic Review of Software Development Cost Estimation Studies. IEEE 33(1), 33–53 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Shepperd, M., Schofield, C.: Estimating Software Project Effort Using Analogies. IEEE 23(12), 736–743 (1997)Google Scholar