Effects of Repair Support Agent for Accurate Multilingual Communication
Translation repair plays an important role in intercultural communication using machine translation. It can be used to create messages that have very few translation mistakes. However, translation repair is a laborious task. It is important to carry out translation repair efficiently. Therefore, we propose a repair support agent that provides the segments that have not been translated accurately. We perform experiments on the translation repair efficiency to evaluate the effectiveness of the repair support agent. The results of these experiments are as follows. (1) Providing inaccurately translated segments improves the ability to detect inaccurate segments. (2) The inaccurate-judgment rate can affect the improvement of the efficiency of translation repair.
KeywordsMultilingual communication machine translation back translation translation repair
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.MeCab, http://mecab.sourceforge.jp/
- 4.KODENSHA, http://www.kodensha.jp/
- 5.Ishida, T.: Language Grid: An Infrastructure for Intercultural Collaboration. In: IEEE/IPSJ Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT 2006), pp. 96–100 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.NTT Natural Language Research Group, http://www.kecl.ntt.co.jp/icl/mtg/resources/index.php
- 7.Walker, K., Bamba, M., Miller, D., Ma, X., Cieri, C., Doddington, G.: Multiple-Translation Arabic (MTA) Part 1, Linguistic Data Consortium (LDC) catalog number LDC2003T18 and ISBN 1-58563-276-7Google Scholar