Towards a European Research Agenda for CIIP: Results from the CI2RCO Project
This paper discusses the European Research Agenda for Critical In formation Infrastructure Protection (CIIP) which has been developed by the EU IST CI2RCO project. The Agenda identifies research challenges and analyses existing R&D gaps in CIIP. It integrates the insights and ideas of a broad cross-section of Critical Infrastructure stakeholders such as owners and operators, control system experts, law enforcement agencies, and government leaders re sponsible for research funding.
KeywordsMember State Critical Infrastructure European Research Area Infrastructure Protection Implementation Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bologna, S., Setola, R.: The Need to Improve Local Self-Awareness in CIP/CIIP. In: Proceedings of the 2005 First IEEE International Workshop on Critical Infrastructure Protection (IWCIP 2005), Darmstadt, Germany, November 3-4, 2005, pp. 84–89 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.EU Commission, Critical Infrastructure Protection in the fight against terrorism, COM(2004) 702 final, Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament, Brussels (2004) Google Scholar
- 3.EU Commission, Communication from the Commission on a European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection COM(2006) 786 final, Brussels (2006) Google Scholar
- 4.EU Commission, Proposal for a Directive of the Council on the identification and designation of European Critical Infrastructure and the assessment of the need to improve their protection COM(2006) 787 final, Brussels (2006) Google Scholar
- 5.Abele-Wigert, I., Dunn, M.: International CIIP Handbook 2006. In: Mauer, V., Wenger, A. (eds.) Center for Security Studies, ETH Zurich, vol. 1 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.The Critical Information Infrastructure Research Co-ordination (CI2RCO) project, http://www.ci2rco.org
- 7.CI2RCO project deliverable D10 - Gap analysis of existing CIIP R&D programmes at regional, national and EU level, http://www.ci2rco.org/downloadMaterial/IST-2004-15818%0-%0D10%20V%201.3.pdf
- 8.CI2RCO project deliverable D12 - ICT R&D for CIIP: Towards a European Research Agenda, http://www.ci2rco.org/downloadMaterial/IST-2004-15818%20-%20D12%20Final.pdf
- 10.European initiative for the Coordination of IST Research and National Activities (CISTRANA), http://www.cistrana.org