Construction of Minimum Connected Dominating Set in 3-Dimensional Wireless Network
Connected Dominating Set (CDS) has been a well known approach for constructing a virtual backbone to alleviate the broadcasting storm in wireless networks. Previous literature modeled the wireless network in a 2-dimensional plane and looked for the approximated Minimum CDS (MCDS) distributed or centralized to construct the virtual backbone of the wireless network. However, in some real situations, the wireless network should be modeled as a 3-dimensional space instead of 2-dimensional plane. We propose our approximation algorithm for MCDS construction in 3-dimensional wireless network in this paper. It achieves better upper bound (13 + ln 10)opt + 1 than the only known result 22opt. This algorithm helps bringing the research for MCDS construction in 3-dimensional wireless network to a new stage.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Butenko, S., Ursulenko, O.: On minimum connected donimating set problem in unit-ball graphs. Elsevier Science, Amsterdam (2007) (preprint submitted)Google Scholar
- 2.Cardei, M., Cheng, M.X., Cheng, X., Du, D.-Z.: Connected domination in multihop ad hoc wireless networks. In: International Conference on Computer Science and Informatics (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Das, B., Bharghavan, V.: Routing in ad hoc Networks Using Minimum Connected Domianting Sets. In: International Conference on Communications (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, Y., Kim, D., Zou, F., Du, D.-Z.: Constructing Connected Dominating Sets with Bounded Diameters in Wireless Networks. In: WASA (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Ni, S., Tseng, Y., Chen, Y., Sheu, J.: The Broadcast Storm Problem in a Mobile Ad Hoc Network. In: MOBICOM 1999, Washington, USA, August 1999, pp. 152–162 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Sivakumar, R., Das, B., Bharghavan, V.: An Improved Spine-based Infrastructure for Routing in Ad Hoc Networks. In: IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, Athens, Greece (June 1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Wan, P.-J., Alzoubi, K.M., Frieder, O.: Distributed Construction of Connected Dominating Sets in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proc. IEEE Infocom 2002, New York, NY, USA (June 2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Wu, J., Li, H.: On Calculating Connected Dominating Set for Ecient Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. In: Proc. the 3rd International Workshop on Discrete Algorithms and Methods for Mobile Computing and Communications, Seattle, USA, August 1999, pp. 7–14 (1999)Google Scholar