Trusted-Computing Technologies for the Protection of Critical Information Systems
Information systems controlling critical infrastructures are vital elements of our modern society. Purely software-based protection techniques have demonstrated limits in fending off attacks and providing assurance of correct configuration. Trusted computing techniques promise to improve over this situation by using hardware-based security solutions. This paper introduces the foundations of trusted computing and discusses how it can be usefully applied to the protection of critical information systems.
KeywordsCritical infrastructure protection trusted computing security assurance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Open Trusted Computing (OpenTC) project, IST-027635, http://www.opentc.net
- 2.Trusted Computing Group, http://www.trustedcomputing.org
- 3.AMD Virtualization, http://www.amd.com/virtualization
- 4.Intel Trusted Execution Technology, http://www.intel.com/technology/security/
- 5.OpenTC newsletter no.3, http://www.opentc.net/publications/OpenTC_Newsletter_03.html
- 6.OpenTC newsletter no.5, http://www.opentc.net/publications/OpenTC_Newsletter_05.html