Time Orientation Device for Special Education
Time understanding and its measurement could be a challenge for people with some cognitive impairment. In this paper, a second iteration of a Temporal Orientation Device (TOD) designed for helping that people in understanding the sense of time is showed. TOD is an electronic panel which first version was tested in special education classrooms and the results of the evaluation allowed authors to improve the design. The new concept separates electronic tasks—turning on/off colour leds—from intelligence tasks—scheduling children activities—in order to make it easier to use TOD for teachers with low informatics skills. To be accessible via internet, Google Calendar compatibility has been added.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tractenberg, R.E., Weinstein, M., Weiner, M.F., Aisen, P.S., Fuh, J.-L., Goldman, N., Chuang, Y.L.: Benchmarking a test of temporal orientation with data from American and Taiwanese persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and American normal elderly. Neuroepidemiology 24, 110–116 (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Web side of CERTEC - Center for Rehabilitation Engineering Research Lund Institute of Technology (Last visit: June 2008), http://www.certec.lth.se/doc/certecscore/
- 5.http://www.handitek.se/detta_ar_kvarturet/&catName=kvarturet (Last visit: June 2008)
- 6.http://www.timetimer.com/ (Last visit: June 2008)
- 7.http://www.cosys.us/index.htm (Last visit: June 2008)
- 8.http://www.ticktask.com/ (Last visit: June 2008)
- 9.http://portal.wpspublish.com/portal/page?_pageid=53,70585&_dad=portal&_-schema=PORTAL (Last visit: June 2008)
- 10.http://www.attainmentcompany.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16160&cat=0&-page=1 (Last visit: June 2008)
- 11.Keating, T.: Picture Planner: An Icon-Based Personal Management Application for Individuals with Cognitive Disabilities. In: Proceedings of the 8th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility, ASSETS 2006, Portland, Oregon, USA (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.http://www.school-readytherapy.com/sotl.html (Last visit: June 2008)
- 13.http://www.eyeboxtoolsinc.com/index.php?pg=products (Last visit: June 2008)
- 14.Larman, C.: UML y Patrones. Una introducción al análisis y diseño orientado a objetos y al proceso unificado. Pearson Education, Madrid (2003)Google Scholar