Minimizing Energy Consumption in Heating Systems under Uncertainty
Energy saving systems are needed to reduce the energy taxes, so the electric energy remains balanced. In Spain, a local company that produces electric heaters needs an energy saving device to be integrated with the heaters. The building regulations in Spain introduce five different climate zones, so such device must meet all of them. In previous works the uncertainty in the process was shown, and the different configurations that must be included to accomplish the Spanish regulations were established. It was proven that a hybrid artificial intelligent systems (HAIS) could afford the energy saving reasonably, even though some improvements must be introduced. This work proposes a modified solution to relax the hardware restrictions and to solve the lack of distribution observed. The modified energy saving HAIS is detailed and compared with that obtained in previous works.
KeywordsFuzzy systems Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Systems Real World Applications Electric Energy saving
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.CNE, Comisión Nacional de Energía, http://www.cne.es/cne/Home
- 8.Villar, J.R., de la Cal, E., Sedano, J.: Energy Savings by means of Multi Agent Systems and Fuzzy Systems. In: International Workshop on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-agent Systems (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Villar, J.R., de la Cal, E., Sedano, J.: A Fuzzy Logic efficient Energy Saving system. Integrated Computer Arded Engineering (submitted, 2008)Google Scholar
- 10.de la Presidencia, M.,, B.O.E.: num 207, Real Decreto 1027/2007, de 20 de julio, por el que se aprueba el Reglamento de Instalaciones Térmicas en edificios, Agosto (2007), http://www.boe.es
- 11.de Vivienda, M.: Dirección General de Arquitectura y Política de Vivienda, Documento Básico de Ahorro de Energía. Limitación de la demanda de Energía (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.UNESA, Asociación Española de la Industria Eléctrica, http://www.unesa.es