Agent-Based Simulation of Business Processes in a Virtual World
Business process modeling (BPM) has proven itself as a useful technique for capturing the work practice in companies. In this paper, we focus on its usage in the domain of company simulation and we present a novel approach combining the clarity of BPM with the strength of agent-based simulations. We describe the enhancement of a general process modeling language, the algorithm transforming these enhanced processes into the definition of agents’ behavior, and the architecture of the target multi-agent system simulating the modeled company. The example is given as the implemented prototype of all proposed methods leading towards the simulation of a virtual company.
KeywordsBusiness Process Virtual World Multiagent System Business Process Management Business Process Modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bosansky, B.: A Virtual Company Simulation by Means of Autonomous Agents. Master’s thesis, Charles University in Prague (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Corradini, F., Merelli, E.: Hermes: Agent-Based Middleware for Mobile Computing. In: Bernardo, M., Bogliolo, A. (eds.) SFM-Moby 2005. LNCS, vol. 3465, pp. 234–270. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.De Snoo, C.: Modelling planning processes with TALMOD. Master’s thesis, University of Groningen (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Mendling, J., Nuttgens, M.: XML-based reference modelling: Foundations of an EPC markup language. In: Becker, J., Delfmann, P. (eds.) Proc. of the 8th GI Workshop Referenzmodellierung 2004 at MKWI 2004, pp. 51–72 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Sierhuis, M.: Modeling and Simulating Work Practice. PhD thesis, University of Amsterdam (2001)Google Scholar