Municipal Creditworthiness Modelling by Kohonen’s Self-Organizing Feature Maps and Fuzzy Logic Neural Networks
The paper presents the design of municipal creditworthiness parameters. Further, the design of model for municipal creditworthiness classification is presented. The model is composed of Kohonen’s self-organizing feature maps and fuzzy logic neural networks, where the output of Kohonen’s self-organizing feature maps represents the input of fuzzy logic neural networks. It is a feed-forward fuzzy logic neural network with three layers. Standard neurons are replaced by fuzzy neurons in the fuzzy logic neural network.
KeywordsMunicipal creditworthiness Kohonen’s self-organizing feature maps fuzzy logic neural networks classification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Olej, V., Hajek, P.: Modelling of Municipal Rating by Unsupervised Methods. WSEAS Transactions on Systems 6, 1679–1686 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Olej, V.: Modelling of Economic Processes based on Computational Intelligence. M and V, Hradec Kralove (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Hajek, P.: Municipal Creditworthiness Modelling by Computational Intelligence Methods. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Pardubice (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Hajek, P., Olej, V.: Municipal Creditworthiness Modelling by Clustering Methods. In: 10th International Conference on Engineering Applications of Neural Networks, Thessaloniki, Greece, pp. 168–177 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Deboeck, G.: Financial Applications of Self-organizing Maps. Neural Network World, Neural and Massively-Parallel Computing and Information Systems 8, 213–241 (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Back, B., Sere, K., Vanharanta, H.: Analyzing Financial Performance with Self-organizing Maps. In: IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, New York, USA, pp. 266–270 (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Cottrell, M., de Bodt, E., Gregoire, P.: Financial Applications of the Self-organizing Map. In: 6th European Congress on Intelligent Techniques and Soft Computing, ELITE Foundation, Aachen, Germany, pp. 205–209 (1998)Google Scholar
- 14.Hoffmann, F., Baesens, B., Martens, J., Put, F., Vanthiemen, J.: Comparing a Genetic Fuzzy and a Neuro-Fuzzy Classifier for Credit Scoring. In: 5th International FLINS Conference on Computational Intelligent Systems for Applied Research, Gent, pp. 1067–1083 (2002)Google Scholar
- 18.Godjevac, J.: Comparison between Classical and Fuzzy Neurons. In: 2nd European Congress on Fuzzy Intelligent Technologies, Aachen, Germany, pp. 1326–1332 (1994)Google Scholar