Color Image Watermarking Scheme Based on Efficient Preprocessing and Support Vector Machines
This paper suggests a new block based watermarking technique utilizing preprocessing and support vector machine (PPSVMW) to protect color image’s intellectual property rights. Binary test set is employed here to train support vector machine (SVM). Before adding binary data into the original image, blocks have been separated into two parts to train SVM for better accuracy. Watermark’s 1 valued bits were randomly added into the first block part and 0 into the second block part. Watermark is embedded by modifying the blue channel pixel value in the middle of each block so that watermarked image could be composed. SVM was trained with set-bits and three other features which are averages of the differences of pixels in three distinct shapes extracted from each block, and hence without the need of original image, it could be extracted. The results of PPSVMW technique proposed in this study were compared with those of the Tsai’s technique. Our technique was proved to be more efficient.
KeywordsColor image watermarking block based digital robust watermarking support vector machines intellectual property rights
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pan, J.S., Huang, H.C., Jain, L.C.: Intelligent Watermarking Techniques. Series on innovative Intelligence, vol. 7 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Pan, J.S., Huang, H.C., Wang, F.H.: Genetic Watermarking Techniques. In: Proceed. Fifth Int. conf. inform. Engineer. Syst. Allied technol., pp. 1032–1036 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Podilchuk, C.I., Delp, E.J.: Digital Watermarking: Algorithms and Applications. IEEE signal processing magazine, 33–46 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, C.H., Lu, Z.D.: Application Research on Support Vector Machine in Image Watermarking. Neural networks and Brain, 1129–1134 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Shieh, C.S., Huang, H.C., Wang, F.H.: Genetic Watermarking Based on Transform-domain Techniques. Pattern Recognition, 555–565 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Khan, A., Tahir, S.F., Majid, A., Choi, T.S.: Machine Learning Based Adaptive Watermark Decoding in View of Anticipated Attack. Pattern Recognition, 2594–2610 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, L.D., Guo, L.: Localized Image Watermarking in Spatial Domain Resistant to Geometric Attacks. International Journal of Electronics and Communications (Article in press)Google Scholar