Generalized Joint Linear Complexity of Linear Recurring Multisequences
The joint linear complexity of multisequences is an important security measure for vectorized stream cipher systems. Extensive research has been carried out on the joint linear complexity of N-periodic multisequences using tools from Discrete Fourier transform. Each N-periodic multisequence can be identified with a single N-periodic sequence over an appropriate extension field. It has been demonstrated that the linear complexity of this sequence, the so called generalized joint linear complexity of the multisequence, may be considerably smaller than the joint linear complexity, which is not desirable for vectorized stream ciphers. Recently new methods have been developed and results of greater generality on the joint linear complexity of multisequences consisting of linear recurring sequences have been obtained. In this paper, using these new methods, we investigate the relations between the generalized joint linear complexity and the joint linear complexity of multisequences consisting of linear recurring sequences.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dawson, E., Simpson, L.: Analysis and design issues for synchronous stream ciphers. In: Niederreiter, H. (ed.) Coding Theory and Cryptology, pp. 49–90. World Scientific, Singapore (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Fu, F.W., Niederreiter, H., Özbudak, F.: Joint Linear Complexity of Multisequences Consisting of Linear Recurring Sequences, Cryptography and Communications - Discrete Structures, Boolean Functions and Sequences (to appear)Google Scholar
- 6.Lidl, R., Niederreiter, H.: Finite Fields. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Meidl, W.: Discrete Fourier transform, joint linear comoplexity and generalized joint linear complexity of multisequences. In: Helleseth, T., Sarwate, D., Song, H.-Y., Yang, K. (eds.) SETA 2004. LNCS, vol. 3486, pp. 101–112. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Niederreiter, H.: Sequences with almost perfect linear complexity profile. In: Chaum, D., Price, W.L. (eds.) Advances in Cryptology-EUROCRYPT 1987. LNCS, vol. 304, pp. 37–51. Springer, Berlin (1988)Google Scholar
- 13.Niederreiter, H., Johansson, T., Maitra, S. (eds.): INDOCRYPT 2003. LNCS, vol. 2904, pp. 1–17. Springer, Berlin (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Rueppel, R.A.: Stream ciphers. In: Simmons, G.J. (ed.) Contemporary Cryptology: The Science of Information Integrity, pp. 65–134. IEEE Press, New York (1992)Google Scholar