CoDiP2P: A Peer-to-Peer Architecture for Sharing Computing Resources
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) computing, the harnessing of idle compute cycles through the Internet, offers new research challenges in the domain of distributed computing. This paper presents CoDiP2P, a Computing Distributed architecture using the P2P paradigm. CoDiP2P allows computing resources from ordinary users to be shared in an open access by means of creating dynamic areas of computing resources in a completely distributed, scalable and fault tolerant way. This paper discusses its system architecture and evaluates its functionality by means of simulation.
KeywordsPeer-to-Peer computing p2p simulation distributed computing job scheduling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Avaki (2006), http://www.sybase.com
- SETI@home (2006), http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu
- The Gnutella Protocol Specication v0.6 (Document Revision 1.2) (2003), http://rfc-gnutella.sourceforge.net
- Clark, I., Sandberg, O., Wiley, B., Tong, T.W.: Freenet: A distributed anonymous information storage and retrieval system. In: Proc. Workshop on Design Issues in Anonymity and Unobservability (2000)Google Scholar
- Foster, I., Iamnitchi, A.: On death, taxes and the convergence of peer-to-peer and grid computing. In: Proc. of the 2nd. Int. Workshop on P2PSystems (2003)Google Scholar
- Gupta, R., Sekhri, V., Somani, A.: CompuP2P: An Architecture for Internet Computing Using Peer-to-Peer Networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 17(11) (November 2006)Google Scholar
- Ernst-Desmulier, J., Bourgeois, J., Spies, F., Verbeke, J.: Adding New Features In a Peer-to-Peer Distributed Computing Framework. In: Proc. of the 13th EuroMicro Conf. on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing (2005)Google Scholar
- JXTA Community Projects, https://jxta.dev.java.net