Filter Allocation Using Iterative ECNP
Network devices can filter traffic in order to protect end-user computers against network worms and other threats. Since these devices have very limited memories and cannot deploy filters against every known worm, the traffic can be forwarded to other device during so called filter delegation. In this contribution we present two negotiation based algorithms looking for a good filter delegation solution. We formally describe this filter allocation problem in a network dealing with distribution of filters among agents so that several constraints are fulfilled and we extend this problem to fit a real world task. We show that both the basic problem and its extension are NP-complete. Both algorithms solving this problem are experimentally evaluated on a realistic network simulation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cicortas, A., Iordan, V.: Multi-agent systems for resource allocation. In: 2nd Romanian-Hungarian Joint Symposium on Applied Computational Intelligence, SACI 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.de Weerdt, M., Zhang, Y., Klos, T.: Distributed task allocation in social networks. In: Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS 2007). ACM Press, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Dijkman, R., et al.: The state of the art in service-oriented computing and design.Google Scholar
- 4.Fischer, K., Muller, J.P., Pischel, M., Schier, D.: A model for cooperative transportation scheduling. In: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Multiagent Systems, Menlo park, California, pp. 109–116. AAAI Press / MIT Press (June 1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Pěchouček, M., Tožička, J., Štěpán U., Prokopová, M.: Extending computational reflection in multiagent systems: towards autonomic computing. Technical report, The Gerstner Laboratory, Czech Technical University in Prague (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Sandholm, T.: Multiagent Systems: A Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial Intelligence. In: Chapter Distributed Rational Decision Making, pp. 201–258. MIT Press, Cambridge (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Walsh, W.E., Wellman, M.P.: A market protocol for distributed task allocation. In: Third International Conference on Multiagent Systems, Paris (1998)Google Scholar