Fast Cryptographic Privacy Preserving Association Rules Mining on Distributed Homogenous Data Base
Privacy is one of the most important properties of an information system must satisfy. In which systems the need to share information among different, not trusted entities, the protection of sensible information has a relevant role. A relatively new trend shows that classical access control techniques are not sufficient to guarantee privacy when data mining techniques are used in a malicious way. Privacy preserving data mining algorithms have been recently introduced with the aim of preventing the discovery of sensible information. In this paper we propose a modification to privacy preserving association rule mining on distributed homogenous database algorithm. Our algorithm is faster than old one which modified with preserving privacy and accurate results. Modified algorithm is based on a semi-honest model with negligible collision probability. The flexibility to extend to any number of sites without any change in implementation can be achieved. And also any increase doesn’t add more time to algorithm because all client sites perform the mining in the same time so the overhead in communication time only. The total bit-communication cost for our algorithm is function in (N) sites.
Keywordsassociation rule mining apriori cryptography distributed data mining privacy security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ajmani, S., Morris, R., Liskov, B.: A trusted third-party computation service. Technical Report MIT-LCS-TR-847, MIT (May 2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Agrawal, D., Aggarwal, C.C.: On the design and quantification of privacy preserving data mining algorithms. In: Proceedings of the Twentieth ACM SIGACT-SIGMOD-SIGART Symposium on Principles of Database Systems, Santa Barbara, California, USA, May 21-23, pp. 247–255. ACM, New York (2001)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Goldreich, O.: Secure multi-party computation (working draft), http://www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il/oded/pp.html
- 4.Ioannidis, I., Grama, A.: An efficient protocol for yao’s millionaires’ problem. In: Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-36), Waikoloa Village, Hawaii, January 6-9 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Lindell, Y., Pinkas, B.: Privacy Preserving Data Mining. Journal of Cryptography, 177–206 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Estivill-Castro, V., Hajyasien, A.: Fast Private Association Rule Mining by a Protocol Securely Sharing Distributed Data. In: Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI 2007), New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA, May 23-24, pp. 324–330 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Fast algorithms for mining association rules. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, Santiago, Chile: VLDB, September 1994, pp. 487–499 (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Cheung, D.W.-L., Han, J., Ng, V., Fu, A.W.-C., Fu, Y.: A Fast Distributed Algorithm for Mining Association Rules. In: Proc. 1996 Int’l Conf. Parallel and Distributed Information Systems (PDIS 1996), pp. 31–42 (1996)Google Scholar