Agent-Based User Personalization Using Context-Aware Semantic Reasoning
The future of mobile telecommunications is aimed at creating a user-centric wireless world which takes into account user’s preferences, as well as communication context (e.g., network and terminal heterogeneity or user location). In order to enable context-aware personalization of communication services offered by next-generation mobile networks, we propose an agent-based approach in combination with semantic reasoning techniques from the Semantic Web. In particular, we use ontology-based user profiles to create an agent-based context-aware service which supports personalization according to user’s preferences. An ontology is created which contains knowledge regarding terminal capabilities and user preferences, as well as a software agent which manages user personalization according to the context extracted from the user profile.
KeywordsSoftware Agents User Personalization Context-aware Semantic Reasoning Ontology-based User Profiles
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Podobnik, V., Trzec, K., Jezic, G.: Context-Aware Service Provisioning in Next-Generation Networks: An Agent Approach. International Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering 2(4), 41–62 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Ackoff, R.L.: From Data to Wisdom. Journal of Applied System Analysis 16, 3–9 (1989)Google Scholar
- 5.Berners-Lee, T., Fischetti, M.: Weaving the Web, Harper San Francisco, New York, USA (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Antoniou, G., van Harmelen, F.: Semantic Web Primer. MIT Press, Cambridge (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Grimm, S., Motik, B.: Closed World Reasoning in the Semantic Web through Epistemic Operators. In: Proc. of the Workshop OWL: Experiences and Directions (OWLED), Galway, Ireland (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Broekstra, J., Kampman, A.: RDF(S) Manipulation, Storage and Querying Using Sesame. In: Demo Proc. of the 3rd Int. Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), Hiroshima, Japan (2004)Google Scholar