Integration of GRID Superscalar and GridWay Metascheduler with the DRMAA OGF Standard
This paper shares the experiences with one of the BEinGRID pilots, BE14, from a technological point of view. The experiment has integrated GRID superscalar (as programming model) with GridWay (as metascheduler) through the DRMAA standard. Additionally, a portal based in GridSphere has been developed. The portal enables the management of the grid and the automatic deployment and monitoring of applications. This environment has been successfully used to speed up an application that enables new processes and products development in the Chemistry sector with considerable success.
KeywordsGrid Computing DRMAA GRID superscalar GridWay Metascheduler
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Rajic, H., Brobst, R., Chan, W., Ferstl, F., Gardiner, J., Robarts, J.P., Haas, A., Nitzberg, B., Tollefsrud, J.: Distributed Resource Management Application API Specification 1.0. Technical report, DRMAA Working Group – The Global Grid Forum (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Herrera, J., Huedo, E., Montero, R.S., Llorente, I.M.: GridWay DRMAA 1.0 Implementation – Experience Report. Document GFD.E-104, DRMAA Working Group – Open Grid Forum (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.GRID superscalar website, http://www.bsc.es/grid/gridsuperscalar
- 6.website, G.: GridWay Metascheduler website, http://www.gridway.org
- 7.GridWay dev.globus website, http://dev.globus.org/wiki/GridWay
- 8.Globus Toolkit website, http://www.globus.org
- 9.Gridsphere website, http://www.gridsphere.org
- 10.MyProxy website, http://grid.ncsa.uiuc.edu/myproxy
- 12.A., K.: Modelling power as a utility. White Paper for the future of simulation, optimization, and engineering computing (2005)Google Scholar