Real Electronic Cash Versus Academic Electronic Cash Versus Paper Cash (Panel Report)
Most electronic cash systems being deployed look very different from what academics have been envisioning over the last 3 decades. Experts on the panel gave different definitions for electronic cash, surveyed systems deployed in some countries, discussed reliability, privacy and security concerns. Moreover, electronic cash and advertisements were linked together.
Keywordsanonymity availability advertising cash chip card credit card deployed systems electronic cash fraud hacking reliability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Felica Networks Inc. Mobile Felica, http://www.felicanetworks.co.jp/company/domain/en/summary.html
- 2.Genkin, A.S.: Realization of economic interests in private and national monetary systems. D.Sc.thesis Financial Academy under the Government of Russian Federation (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.James, M., James, B.R.: Biography of a Bank: The Story of the Bank of America. Harper & Brothers, New York (1954)Google Scholar
- 4.JR East. Mobile Suica, http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/press/20071201/index.html
- 5.Sony Corp. Felica product information, http://www.sony.net/Products/felica/pdt/index.html
- 6.The Economist. The End of the Cash Era (February 17, 2007)Google Scholar
- 7.U. S. D. of the Treasury, Legal tender status, http://www.ustreas.gov/education/faq/currency/legal-tender.shtml