A Method to Find Learner’s Key Characteristic in Wed-Based Learning
One of the challenges in personalized e-learning research field is how to meet the unique learning strategies according to a learner’s personality characteristic. But a learner’s characteristic may have many attributes, and some of them have not equal value for personalized e-learning. This paper exploits the aspect to evaluate the important attributes, puts forward the concept of key personality characteristic and an improved algorithm basing on rough set theory to find the key attributes. Systematic experiments and their results are reported and shows the dimensions of personality characteristic can be decreased to below one-quarter.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu, D., Huang, X.: The introduction of learning research[J]. Education Research (2), 81 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, R., Dai, M.: Research of Chinese college foreign language instruction reform situation and development[M]. Foreign Language Education and Research Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Pawlak, Z.: Rough set theory and its applications to data analysis[J]. Cybernetics and Systems (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Krysinski, J., Skzypczak, A., Demski, G., et al.: Application of the Rough Set Theory in Structure Activity Relationships of Antielectrostatic Imidazolium Compounds[J]. Quant. Struct.-Act. Relat.,20, WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Skowron, A., Rauszer, C.: The discernibility matrices and functions in information systems. In: Slowinski, R. (ed.) Intelligent Decision Support –Handbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory[J], vol. (3), pp. 331–362. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (1992)Google Scholar