Real-Time Railway Network Simulator “KUTTY”
In the railway transportation service, on-time operation of trains is quite important for customers. However, once an accident on a route occurs, on-time operation becomes difficult due to a change in the flow of passengers which is caused by the interruption. Thus, the real-time railway simulation tool plays a significant role to estimate the changing flow of passengers. In this paper, we propose real-time Tokyo Metro Railway Network simulation tool “KUTTY” and by using this simulator we can immediately estimate a change in the flow of passengers even if an accident occurs at the busiest area. Moreover, we have found that our homogenization system eases congestion in crowded area more than the conventional method.
KeywordsCellular Automaton Homogenization System Railway Network Comparison Plot Estimate Delay Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pursula, M.: Simulation of traffic systems - an overview. Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 3, 1 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Latora, V., Marchiori, M.: Physica A 314, 109 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Watts, D.J., Strogatz, S.H.: Nature 393, 440 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Meignan, D., Simonin, O., Koukam, A.: Simulation Modeling Practice and Theory. 15, 659 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Helbing, D.: Rev. Mod. Phys. 73, 1067 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Chowdhury, D., Santen, L., Schadschneider, A.: Phys. Rep. 329, 199 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Tomoeda, A., Nishinari, K., Chowdhury, D., Schadschneider, A.: Physica A 384, 600 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Ahuja, R.K., Magnanti, T.L., Orlin, J.B.: Network Flows: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1993)Google Scholar
- 9.Dijkstra, E.W.: Numerische Mathematik 1, 269 (1959)Google Scholar