Compartment Lines Forming Emergent Alternative Configurations of Vehicles on Weaving Sections
Drawing Compartment lines on weaving sections is planed for easing the traffic congestion through forming emergent alternative configurations of vehicles before weaving. The degree of the alternative configurations was quantified in weaving sections partitioned into identical cells. A new stochastic Cellular Automaton (CA) model was ruled for the dynamics along the line with the interactions between vehicles neighboring each other. The longitudinal formation of the zigzag pattern along the line was obtained for the first time through simulations and the four cluster approximation. Furthermore, both results fit to each other.
KeywordsCellular Automaton Cellular Automaton Model Optimal Velocity Transportation Research Part Asymmetric Simple Exclusion Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Helbing, D.: Rev. Mod. Phys. 73 1067 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Chowdhury, D., Santen, L., Schadschneider, A.: Phys. Rep., 199–329 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Kita, H.: Transportation Research Part A 33(3), 305–312 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Hidas, P.: Transportation Research Part C 13, 37–62 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Davis, L.C.: Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications. 361(2), 606–618 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Ikemoto, Y., Hasegawa, Y., Fukuda, T., Matsuda, K.: In: Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Conference on Robotics 8 Automation, ew Orleans, LA (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Kanai, M., Nishinari, K., Tokihiro, T.: Phys. Rev. E. 72, 035102(R) (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Bando, M., Hasebe, K., Nakayama, A., Shibata, A., Sugiyama, Y.: Phys. Rev. E 51, 1035 (1995)Google Scholar