Integration of Semantic XForms and Personal Web Services as a Tool to Bridge the Gap between Personal Desktops and Global Business Processes
A large portion of Internet advances owes the human-computer interaction and data exchange via web forms. Current complex Internet applications are demanding more advanced features that are not covered by traditional forms. New technologies such as Semantic Web and XForms are responses to today’s business requirements and expectation. In this paper the possible potential of combining XForms with Semantic Web technology are explored and an integration model for enterprise solutions is presented. The new model is supposed to bridge the gap between desktops as the nodes of global business networks representing the individuals and the involved web business processes. The paper shows that combining Semantic Web concepts with XForms can provide elegant holistic solutions for lifetime data consistency, integration of personal services, and checking of data validity.
KeywordsSemantic Web Ontology XForms SOA Interoperability Web Applications
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cardone, R., Soroker, D., Tiwari, A.: Using XForms to simplify Web programming. In: 14th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), Chiba, Japan (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.W3C Consortium, W3C Candidate Recommendation (November 2007), http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-xforms11-20071129/Google Scholar
- 3.W3C Consortium, W3C Semantic Web Activity (2001), http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Google Scholar
- 4.Cheow, Peng, Y., Governatori: Guido, Representing and Reasoning on XForms Document. In: Fifteenth Australasian Database Conference (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Anjomshoaa, A., Nguyen, T.M., Shayeganfar, F., Tjoa, A.M.: Utilising Web Service Based Business Processes Automation by Semantic Personal Information Management Systems — The SemanticLife Case. In: Reimer, U., Karagiannis, D. (eds.) PAKM 2006. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 4333, pp. 1–10. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.OASIS, Web Services Business Process Execution Language Version 2.0 (April 2007), http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/wsbpel-v2.0.pdfGoogle Scholar