The Design of Model Checking Agent for SMS Management System
Nowadays the short messaging service (SMS) has been used in direct sales and network marketing which is a part of e-business. Many systems integrate information system using mobile phone as a medium of communication in ensuring business processes become more effective and conducive. The intention of the system is to enhance the connection and networking in management system for direct sales activities. However, as the SMS services have been used extensively by the mobile users, there are several exceptional issues occurred during the runtime of each state of the e-business processes. Consequently, the correctness and secureness of the system performance have not been confidently trusted. Therefore, in this paper we propose a design of model checking agent for SMS management system to address the issue. Agents become a platform for model checking in handling the verification and validation processes in SMS management system. We have developed a model checking agent as a reliable tool for evaluating the failure of protocols in SMS management system. We have also analyzed the propose model which has contributed to the quality of SMS messages and increase the failure detection in e-business process.
Keywordsmodel checking agent SMS management system e-business direct sales and network marketing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.European Telecommunications Standards Institute (2004) http://www.etsi.org
- 2.Multilevel Marketing International Association (2007), http://www.mlmia.com
- 3.Direct Sales Association of Malaysia (1978), http://www.dsam.org.my
- 4.Stone, B.: Successful direct marketing method, Chairman, Stone & Adler, Inc. (1988)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, W., Hidvegi, Z., Bailey, A., Whinston, A.: Model checking - A rigorous and efficient tool for e-commerce internal control and assurance, in Working Paper. Atlanta, GA: Gozuita School Bus., Emory Univ., pp. 5–10 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, C., Hachtel, G.D., Somenzi, F.: Abstraction refinement for large scale model checking, Springer.com (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Schuldt, H., Popovici, H.,, A.: Execution guarantees in electronic commerce payments. In: Proc. 8th Int. Workshop Foundations Models Languages Data Objects, New York. LNCS, pp. 189–198 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Mee, V.N., Selamat, A.: SMS management system for direct sales and network marketing. In: Proceedings of CITA 2007, Fifth International Conference on Information Technology in Asia, Malaysia (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Bonnie Brinton Anderson, B.B., Hansen, J.V., Lowry, P.B., Summers, S.L.: Model checking for E-Business control and assurance. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics-Part C: Applications and Reviews 35 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Weiss, G.: Multi Agent System - A modern approach to distributed artificial intelligence. The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts London, England (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Sciascio, E.D., Donini, F.M., Mongiello, M., Piscitelli, G.: Web applications design and maintenance using symbolic model checking. In: Proceedings of the Seventh European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reeingineering (CSMR 2003), IEEE, Los Alamitos (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Selamat, A., Bujang, S.D.: Model checking agent for e-commerce system. In: The 3rd Malaysian Software Engineering Conference 2007, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp. 147–151 (2007)Google Scholar