A Comparison of Performance-Evaluating Strategies for Data Exchange in Multi-agent System
The growing complexity of agent systems has made network management very difficult. The paper presents the comparative study of two different open-source MAS architectures. The main output of this paper can be summarized within two statements. Firstly, we focus on the description of selected features in Aglets and Jade. Secondly, we aim to provide the programming implementation of the same distributed data exchange experiment in both systems. We illustrate this by specifying a large number of experiments within different environment configurations to build a base for comparison Aglets and Jade and to put across valuation of network configuration impact on system performance.
KeywordsAglets Jade network quality RMI message passing communication process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bellifemine, F., Caire, G., Greenwood, D.: Developing Multi-Agent Systems with JADE. Wiley Series in Agent Technology (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Bellifemine, F., Caire, G., Trucco, T., Rimassa, G.: Jade Programmer’s Guide, JADE 3.5 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Ciobanu, G., Lucanu, D.: A Specification Language for Coordinated Objects. In: Specification and Verification of Component-Based Systems Workshop (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Ciobanu, G., Lucanu, D.: Specification and Verification of Synchronizing Concurrent Objects. In: Integrated Formal Methods 2004. LNCS, Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Ciobanu, G.: Coordination and Self-Organization in Multi-Agent Systems. In: SDA 2006, Jinan, China (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Ferrari, L.: The Aglets 2.0.2. User’s Manual (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Frelechoux, L., Osborne, M., Haas, R.: Topology optimization of IP over ATM. In: Universal Multiservice Networks, ECUMN 2000, pp. 122 – 131 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Grama, A., Gupta, A., Kumar, V.: Isoefficiency Function: A Scalability Metric for Parallel Algorithms and Architectures. Department of Computer Science, University of Minnesota (1993)Google Scholar
- 12.Jamakovic, A., Uhlig, S.: On the relationship between the algebraic connectivity and graph’s robustness to node and link failures. In: Next Generation Internet Networks, 3rd EuroNGI Conference on 21-23, pp. 96–102 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Lange, D.B., Oshima, M.: Programming and Deploying Java Mobile Agents with Aglets. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1998)Google Scholar