A Middleware Platform Based on Multi-Agents for u-Healthcare Services with Sensor Networks
We studied the middleware platform, i.e. COSMOS (Common System for Middleware of Sensor Network), based on multi-agents for u-healthcare services with various types of sensor networks such as the Zigbee wireless sensor network (WSN), the CDMA cellular network, RFID and IP-USN based on the 6LowPAN. Our project is focused on sensor network abstraction for various ubiquitous sensor networks (USN). We defined standard interfaces between USN middleware based on multi-agents and USN networks as well as application services with multi-agents. We implemented several USN services such as u-Healthcare services to consider important issues about middleware platform based on multi-agent applications.
KeywordsSensor Network Sensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Application Service Ubiquitous Computing Environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aberer, K., Hauswirth, M., Salehi, A.: A Middleware For Fast And Flexible Sensor Network Deployment. In: VLDB 2006, Seoul, Korea, September 2006, ACM, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Henricksen, K., Robinson, R.: A Survey of Middleware for Sensor Networks: State-of-the-Art and Future Directions. In: MidSens 2006, Melbourne, Australia, November 2006, ACM, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Kang, S., Kim, D., Lee, Y., Hyun, S.J., Lee, D., Lee, B.: Semantic Service Discovery Network forLarge-Scale Ubiquitous Computing Environments. ETRI Journal 29(5), 545–558 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Murphy, A., Heinzelman, W.: MiLAN: Middleware Linking Applications and Networks. Thesis, Rochester, NY (January 2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Yao, Y., Gehrke, J.: The Cougar Approach to In-Network Query Processing in Sensor Networks. Thesis, Cornell University (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Shen, C., Srisathapornphat, C., Jaikaeo, C.: Sensor Information Networking Architecture and Applications. IEEE Personel Communication Magazine, University of Delaware (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, S., Lin, Y., Son, S., Stankovic, J., Wei, Y.: Event Detection Services Using Data Service Middleware in Distributed Sensor Networks. Thesis, University of Virginia (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Delin, K., Jackson, S.: The Sensor Web: A New Instrument Concept. California Institute of Technology, Pasadena (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Deshpande, A., Nath, S., Gibbons, P., Seshan, S.: IRIS: Internet-scale Resource-Intensive Sensor Services. Intel Research, U.C. Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon University (2003)Google Scholar