Agvs Distributed Control Subject to Imprecise Operation Times
The subject matter of the study are the automated guided vehicle (AGV) operation synchronization mechanisms in flexible manufacturing systems, where transport processes can be modeled as a system of cyclic concurrent processes sharing common resources, i.e., some preset travelling route intervals. In this paper the problem of determination of the local rules coordinating access of the vehicles to the shared travel route intervals, ensuring the deadlock-free execution of the repetitive processes was reduced to determination of the sufficient conditions. In that context the problem considered can be seen as a problem of multi-agent coordination, and defined as the constraint satisfaction problem (CSP) subject to precise and imprecise operation times, and then solved with use of the logic programming techniques.
Keywordsknowledge engineering constraints logic programming deadlock avoidance fuzzy set scheduling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Banaszak, Z., Zaremba, M., Muszyński, W.: CP-based decision making for SME. In: Horacek, P., Simandl, M. (eds.) 16th IFAC World Congress, P. Zitek, DVD, Prague, Czech Republic (Preprint, 2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Barták, R.: Incomplete Depth-First Search Techniques. In: Figwer, J. (ed.) A Short Survey, Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Constraint Programming for Decision and Control, pp. 7–14 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Bocewicz, G., Wójcik, R., Banaszak, Z.: Scheduling of AGV systems under access restrictions to shared resources of the ESP (logic-algebraic model). In: Tchoń, K., Wroclaw, W.K.Ł. (eds.) Proc. of National Conf. on Robotics, pp. 149–163 (2006) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 4.Bubnicki, Z.: Introduction to Expert Systems. PWN, Warsaw (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.Bubnicki, Z.: Learning processes and logic-algebraic method for the systems with knowledge representation. Systems analysis and management. Systems Research Inst. PAS (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, T., Song, J.: Petri net modeling and scheduling of periodic job shops with blocking. In: Proc. of the Workshop on Manufacturing and Petri nets, Osaka, Japan, June 25, 1996, pp. 197–214 (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Piegat, A.: Fuzzy modeling and control, Exit, Warsaw (1999)Google Scholar