KNIME: The Konstanz Information Miner
The Konstanz Information Miner is a modular environment, which enables easy visual assembly and interactive execution of a data pipeline. It is designed as a teaching, research and collaboration platform, which enables simple integration of new algorithms and tools as well as data manipulation or visualization methods in the form of new modules or nodes. In this paper we describe some of the design aspects of the underlying architecture and briefly sketch how new nodes can be incorporated.
KeywordsPipeline Pilot Data Pipeline Insightful Corporation Collaboration Platform Meta Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- INFORSENSE LTD.: InforSense KDE. http://www.inforsense.com/kde.html.
- INSIGHTFUL CORPORATION: Insightful Miner. http://www.insightful.com/products/iminer/default.asp.
- SCITEGIC: Pipeline Pilot. http://www.scitegic.com/products/overview/.
- ECLIPSE FOUNDATION (2007):Eclipse 3.2 Documentation. http://www.eclipse.org.
- GILBERT, D. (2005): JFreeChart Developer Guide. Object Refinery Limited, Berkeley, Cal-ifornia. http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart.
- R DEVELOPMENT CORE TEAM (2007): R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0. http://www.R-project.org.
- SIEB C., MEINL T., and BERTHOLD, M. R. (2007): Parallel and distributed data pipelining with KNIME. Mediterranean Journal of Computers and Networks, Special Issue on Data Mining Applications on Supercomputing and Grid Environments. To appear.Google Scholar
- WITTEN, I. H. and FRANK, E (2005): Data Mining: Practical ma-chine learning tools and techniques. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco. http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/˜ml/weka/index.html.