WRT’07 was the first instance of the Workshop on Refactoring Tools. It was held in Berlin, Germany, on July 31st, in conjunction with ECOOP’07. The workshop brought together over 50 participants from both academia and industry. Participants include the lead developers of two widely used refactoring engines (Eclipse and NetBeans), researchers that work on refactoring tools and techniques, and others generally interested in refactoring. WRT’07 accepted 32 submissions, however, it was impossible to present all these submissions in one single day. Instead, in the morning session we started with a few technical presentations, followed by large group discussions around noon, a poster session and small group discussions in the afternoon. WRT’07 ended with a retrospective session and unanimous consensus to organize another session in the future.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Demeyer, S., Van Rysselberghe, F., Gîrba, T., Ratzinger, J., Marinescu, R., Mens, T., Du Bois, B., Janssens, D., Ducasse, S., Lanza, M., Rieger, M., Gall, H., El-Ramly, M.: The LAN-simulation: A Refactoring Teaching Example. In: Proceedings of International Workshop on Principles of Software Evolution, pp. 123–134. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Dig, D., Cebulla, M. (eds.): 1st workshop on refactoring tools (wrt 2007). Technical Report ISSN 1436-9915, Technical University of Berlin (July 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Dig, D., Manzoor, K., Johnson, R., Nguyen, T.N.: Refactoring-aware Configuration Management for Object-Oriented Programs. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Software Engineering, pp. 427–436. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Fowler, M., Beck, K., Brant, J., Opdyke, W., Roberts, D.: Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code. Adison-Wesley, London (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Tip, F., Kiezun, A., Bauemer, D.: Refactoring for generalization using type constraints. In: OOPSLA 2003. Proceedings of Object-oriented programing, systems, languages, and applications, pp. 13–26. ACM Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Weissgerber, P., Diehl, S.: Identifying refactorings from source-code changes. In: ASE 2006. Proceedings of the 21st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, pp. 231–240. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.WRT 2007 homepage, http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dig/RefactoringWorkshop