Mapping Normalization Technique on the HPF Compiler fhpf
We propose a technique of mapping normalization which reduces the variety of data and computational mapping representation of HPF into a certain standard form. The base of the reduction is a set of equivalent transformations of an HPF program, using composition of alignment and affine transformation of data and loop indices. The mapping normalization technique was implemented in the HPF compiler fhpf, and made the succeeding processes, such as local access detection and SPMD conversion, much slimmer. The measurement result shows that performance of the MPI code generated by the fhpf compiler is fairly comparable to the one written by a skillful MPI programmer.
KeywordsHPF compiler distribution MPI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Allen, R., Callahan, D., Kennedy, K.: Automatic Decomposition of Scientific Programs for Parallel Execution. In: Conference Record of the 14th ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pp. 63–76 (January 1987)Google Scholar
- 2.Banerjee, U.: Unimodular transformations of double loops. In: Proceedings of the Workshop on Advances in Languages and Compilers for Parallel Processing, pp. 192–219 (August 1990)Google Scholar
- 3.High Performance Fortran Forum: High Performance Fortran Language Specification Version 2.0. (1997), http://dacnet.rice.edu/Depts/CRPC/HPFF/versions/hpf2/hpf-v20/index.html
- 4.Benchmark, H.: http://accc.riken.jp/HPC/HimenoBMT/index.html
- 5.Iwashita, H., Hotta, K., Kamiya, S., van Waveren, M.: Towards a Lightweight HPF Compiler. In: Zima, H.P., Joe, K., Sato, M., Seo, Y., Shimasaki, M. (eds.) ISHPC 2002. LNCS, vol. 2327, pp. 526–538. Springer, Heidelberg (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Japan Association for High Performance Fortran (JAHPF): HPF/JA Language Specification Version 1.0 (November 1999), http://www.hpfpc.org/jahpf/spec/hpfja-v10-eng.pdf
- 7.Kelly, W., Pugh, W., Rosser, E.: Code Generation for Multiple Mappings. In: Frontiers 1995. The 5th Symposium on the Frontiers of Massively Parallel Computation, McLean, VA (February 1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, W., Pingali, K.: A Singular Loop Transformation Framework Based on Non-Singular Matrices. Technical Report TR 92-1294, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (July 1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Message Passing Interface Forum. http://www.mpi-forum.org/
- 12.The Omega Project. http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/omega/