Applying Data Fusion in a Rational Decision Making with Emotional Regulation
- 3.3k Downloads
This paper focuses on designing a goal based rational component of a believable agent which has to interact with facial expressions with humans in communicative scenarios like teaching. One of the main concerns of the proposed model is to define interactions among rationality, personality and emotion in order to fulfill the idea of making rational decisions with emotional regulation. Our research aims are directed towards improving decision making process by means of applying Data Fusion techniques, especially Ordered Weighted Averaging (OWA) operator as a goal selection mechanism. Also the issue of obtaining weights for OWA aggregation is discussed. Finally the suggested algorithm is tested and results are provided with a real benchmark.
KeywordsData Fusion OWA Rationality Artificial Emotions Decision Making
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Camurri, A., Caglio, A.: An Architecture for Emotional Agents. IEEE Multimedia Journal (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Camurri, A., Volpe, G.: A Goal Directed Rational Component for Emotional Agent. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. In: IEEE SMC 1999 Conference Proceedings, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Hall, D.L., LLinas, J.: Handbook of Multisensor Data Fusion. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Millon, T., Lerner, M.J.: Handbook of Psychology. Personality and social psychology 5 (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Sartre, J.P.: Being and Nothingness. Trans. Hazel E. Barnes. Quokka Books, New York (1978)Google Scholar
- 14.Scassellati, B.M.: Foundations for a Theory of Mind for a Humanoid Robot. MIT University (2001)Google Scholar
- 15.Yager, R.R.: On Ordered Weighted Averaging Operators in Multicriteria Decision Making. IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (1988)Google Scholar