Expression-Invariant Face Recognition with Accurate Optical Flow
- 950 Downloads
Face recognition is one of the most intensively studied topics in computer vision and pattern recognition, but few are focused on how to robustly recognize expressional faces with one single training sample per class. In this paper, we modify the regularization-based optical flow algorithm by imposing constraints on some given point correspondences to obtain precise pixel displacements and intensity variations. By using the optical flow computed for the input expressional face with respect to a referenced neutral face, we remove the expression from the face image by elastic image warping to recognize the subject with facial expression. Numerical validations of the proposed method are given, and experimental results show that the proposed method improves the recognition rate significantly.
KeywordsFace recognition expression invariant accurate optical flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Tsai, P.-H., Jan, T.: Expression-Invariant Face Recognition System Using Subspace Model Analysis. In: 2005 IEEE Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (October 10-12, 2005) vol. 2, pp. 1712–1717 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Ramachandran, M., Zhou, S.K., Jhalani, D., Chellappa, R.: A Method for Converting a Smiling Face to a Neutral Face with Applications to Face Recognition. In: Proceedings of ICASSP 2005, vol. 2 (March 18-23, 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, X., Mori, G., Zhang, H.: Expression-Invariant Face Recognition with Expression Classification. In: CRV 2006. The 3rd Canadian Conference on Computer and Robot Vision 2006 (June 07-09, 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Martinez, A.M.: Recognizing expression Variant Faces from a Single Sample per Class. In: CVPR 2003. Proceedings of 2003 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (June 18-20, 2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Lin, S.C., Li, M.J., Zhang, H.J., Cheng, Q.S.: Ranking prior Likelihood Distributions for Bayesian Shape Localization Framework. In: Proceedings of ICCV 2003 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Yin, L., Wei, X., Sun, Y., Wang, J., Rosato, M.J.: A 3D Facial Expression Database For Facial Behavior Research. In: FGR 2006. Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, pp. 211–216 (April 10-12, 2006)Google Scholar