Energy Saving by Means of Fuzzy Systems
It is well known that global sustainability must begin with human actions. A reduction of the consumed energy in the heating systems is one of such possible actions. The higher the society prosperity the higher the required houses comfort, and the higher amount of energy. In Spain it is especially important as the construction rate is almost the half of that in Europe. To save energy is urgent, which means that the energy losses must be reduced.
In this paper, a multi agent system solution for the reduction of the energy consumption in heating systems of houses is presented. A control central unit (CCU) responsible of minimising the energy consumption interacts with the heaters. The CCU includes a Fuzzy Model (FM) and a Fuzzy controller (FC) and makes use of the concept of energy balance to distribute the energy between the heaters.
Results show the proposed system as a very promising solution for energy saving and comfort tracking in houses. This solution is the preliminary study to be included in a heating system product of a local company.
KeywordsEnergy Saving Fuzzy System Multiagent System Fuzzy Model Fuzzy Controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Technical report, Euroconstruct (2007), http://www.euroconstruct.org/
- 2.Technical report, Ministerio de Medio Ambiente (2007), http://www.mma.es/
- 3.Boe: n. 207. Technical report, Ministerio de la Presidencia (August 29, 2007), http://www.boe.es/
- 4.Bojic, M., Despotovic, M., Malesevic, J., Sokovic, D.: Evaluation of the impact of internal partitions on energy conservation for residential buildings in serbia. Building and Environment (42), 1644–1653 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Clinch, J.P., Healy, J.D.: Valuing improvements in comfort from domestic energy-efficiency retrofits using a trade-off simulation model. Energy Economics (25), 565–583 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Clinch, J.P., Healy, J.D.: Cost-benefit analysis of domestic energy efficiency. Energy Policy (29), 113–124 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Davidsson, P., Boman, M.: Distributed monitoring and control of office buildings by embedded agents. Information Sciences 171 (171), 293–307 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Engin, S.N., Kuvilmaz, J., Omurlu, V.E.: Fuzzy control of an anfis model representing a nonlinear liquid-level system. Neural Computing & Applications (13), 202–210 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Farhanieh, B., Sattari, S.: Simulation of energy saving in iranian buildings using integrative modelling for insulation. Renewable Energy (31), 417–425 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Goldblatt, D.L., Hartmann, C., Dürrenberger, G.: Combining interviewing and modeling for end-user energy conservation. Energy Policy (33), 257–271 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Hatamipour, M.S., Mahiyar, H., Taheri, M.: Evaluation of existing cooling systems for reducing cooling power consumption. Energy and Buildings (35), 105–112 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Huang, C., Zou, Z., Li, M., Wang, X., Li, W., Huang, W., Yang, J., Xiao, X.: Measurements of indoor thermal environment and energy analysis in a large space building in typical seasons. Building and Environment (42), 1869–1877 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Jang, J.S.: Inferring operating rules for reservoir operations using fuzzy regression and anfis. Fuzzy Sets and Systems (158), 1064–1082 (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.Kinney, P.: Zigbee technology: Wireless control that simply works. Technical report, The ZigBee Alliance (2007), http://www.zigbee.org/
- 16.Klir, G.J., Folger, T.A.: Fuzzy Sets, Uncertainty and Information. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1989)Google Scholar
- 17.Koroneos, C., Kottas, G.: Energy consumption modeling analysis and environmental impact assessment of model house in thessalonikigreece. Building and Environment (42), 122–138 (2007)Google Scholar
- 18.Lewis, P.T., Alexander, D.K.: Htb2: A flexible model for dynamic building simulation. Building and Environment (1), 7–16 (1990)Google Scholar
- 19.Natural Resources of Canada. HOT2000 User Manual (2002)Google Scholar
- 20.The Math Works. The mathworks - matlab and simulink for technical computing. Technical report, The Math Works (2007), http://www.mathworks.com/