Design and Analysis of a Game Theoretic Model for P2P Trust Management
P2P networks provide a highly reliable way of sharing resources. But the peers have to manage the risk involved due to lack of knowledge about each other’s trustworthiness. Peers could provide different types of services. For the peers to behave honestly, trust needs to be incorporated. The trust framework should enable assessing the peers based on the services provided by them. This paper discusses the design and implementation of a trust framework for evaluating the trust of peers in a network. The trust framework incorporates self experience and reputation to calculate trustworthiness of a peer. Various strategies like Game Tree strategy, Tit for Tat strategy, Self Trust strategy, Dynamic strategy and Auditing strategy are proposed for selecting peers for doing job and the performance is analysed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Buragohain, C., Agrawal, D., Suri, S.: A game theoretic framework for incentives in p2p systems. In: Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Gupta, R., Somani, A.K.: Game theory as a tool to strategize as well as predict nodes’ behavior in peer-to-peer networks. In: 11th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed System, pp. 244–249 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Harish, M., Anandavelu, N., Anbalagan, N., Mahalakshmi, G.S., Geetha, T.V.: Strategies for peer selection with p2p trust management. International Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Harish, M., Mahalakshmi, G.S., Geetha, T.V.: Game theoretic model for p2p trust management. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (in press, 2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Morselli, R., Katz, J., Bhattacharjee, B.: A game-theoretic framework for analyzing trust-inference protocols. In: Workshop on Economics of Peer-to-Peer Systems (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Xiong, L., Liu, L.: Building trust in decentralized peer-to-peer electronic communities. In: 5th International Conf. on Electronic Commerce Research (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Xiong, L., Liu, L.: Peertrust: Supporting reputation-based trust for peer-to-peer electronic communities. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Special Issue on Peer-to-Peer Based Data Management (2004)Google Scholar