Multiscale Boundary Identification for Medical Images
Boundary identification in medical images plays a crucial role in helping physicians in patient diagnosis. Manual identification of object boundaries is a time-consuming task and is subject to operator variability. Fully automatic procedures are still far from satisfactory in most real situations. In this paper, we propose a boundary identification method based on multiscale technique. Experimental results have shown that the proposed method provides superior performance in medical image segmentation.
KeywordsBoundary identification multiscale edge detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Withey, D.: Dynamic edge tracing: recursive methods for medical image segmentation, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Alberta, Canada (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Mallat, S., Zhong, S.: Characterization of signals from multiscale edges. IEEE Trans. on PAMI 14(7), 710–732 (1992)Google Scholar
- 4.Tang, Y.Y., Yang, L., Feng, L.: Characterization and detection of edges by Lipschitz exponents and MASW wavelet transform. Proc. Intl. Conf. on Pattern Recognition 2, 1572–1574 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.MNI data set (August 2005), http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/brainweb/
- 7.Wang, Z.Y.: Multiscale Boundary Identification for Medical Images. M.Sc. Thesis, University of Alberta, Canada (2007)Google Scholar