Genetic Granular Cognitive Fuzzy Neural Networks and Human Brains for Pattern Recognition
With ever-improving information technologies and high performance computational power, recent techniques in granular computing, soft computing and cognitive science have allowed an increasing understanding of normal and abnormal brain functions, especially in the research of human’s pattern recognition by means of computational intelligence. It is well understood that normal brains have high intelligence to recognize different geometrical patterns, but a systematic framework of biological neural network has not yet be established. In this paper, we propose the genetic granular cognitive fuzzy neural networks (GGCFNN) in order to efficiently testify artificial neural networks’ learning capability on human’s pattern recognition in term of symmetric and similar geometry patterns. In contrast to other information systems, the GGCFNN is a highly hybrid intelligent system integrating the techniques of genetic algorithms, granular computing, and fuzzy neural networks with cognitive science for pattern recognition. Our ability to simulate biological neural networks makes it possible a more comprehensive quantitative analysis on the pattern recognition of human brains, and our preliminary experiment results would shed lights on the future research of cognitive science and brain informatics.
KeywordsCognitive Science Fuzzy Neural Network Granular Computing Biological Neural Network Hybrid Neural Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Furuhashi, T., Matsushita, S., Tsutsui, H., Uchikawa, Y.: Knowledge extraction from hierarchical fuzzy model obtained by fuzzy neural networks and genetic algorithms. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Neural Networks (ICNN 1997), Houston, pp. 2374–2379 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Lin, C.-T.: Neural Fuzzy Control Systems with Structure and Parameter Learning. World Scientific, Singapore (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Pedrycz, W., Kandel, A., Zhang, Y.-Q.: Neurofuzzy Systems. In: Dubois, D., Prade, H. (eds.) Fuzzy Systems: Modeling and Control, pp. 311–380. Kluwer Academic A Publishers, Dordrecht (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, L.-X.: Adaptive Fuzzy Systems and Control Design and Stability Analysis, PTR Prentice Hall (1994)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang, Y.-Q., Chung, F.: Fuzzy Neural Network Tree with Heuristic Back-propagation Learning. In: Proc. of IJCNN of World Congress on Computational Intelligence 2002, pp. 553–558, Honolulu (2002)Google Scholar