’Guess A Who, Why, Where, When?’: The Visualization of Context Data to Aid the Authoring and Orchestration of a Mobile Pervasive Game
As part of the mobile pervasive game, Professor Tanda’s ’Guess A Where’  there was a need to allocate pre-authored content for the game on a daily basis to provide an enjoyable and engaging experience. To aid this allocation of content we collected and visualized context information about each player during the course of the game. The aim of these visualizations was to provide a method through which an author/orchestrator could retrospectively view a player’s current total and daily context data gathered by the game. Observations made about this data could then be used to, not only allocate appropriate content but, to tailor the content to a specific player. This paper presents the data that was gathered and the visualizations created to achieve this process.
KeywordsContext Information Game Play Context Data Mixed Reality Environmental Footprint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adamczyk, P., Hamilton, K., Chamberlain, A., et al.: Urban Computing and Mobile Devices. IEEE Distributed Systems Online 8(7) (2007) art. no. 0707-o7002Google Scholar
- 2.Benford, S., Drozd, A., Tandavanitj, N., Wright, M., Chamberlain, A.: Hitchers: Designing for Cellular Positioning. In: Dourish, P., Friday, A. (eds.) UbiComp 2006. LNCS, vol. 4206, pp. 17–21. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Paxton, M., Chamberlain, A., Benford, S.: Sensor-Based Sytems for Environmental Education. In: The Workshop on Emerging Technologies for Inquiry Based Learning in Science, AIED - Artificial Intelligence in Education (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Crabtree, A., Benford, S., Capra, M., Flintham, M., Drozd, A., Tandavanitj, N., Adams, M., Row Farr, J.: The cooperative work of gaming: orchestrating a mobile SMS game, Computer Supported Cooperative Work: The Journal of Collaborative Computing, Special Issue on Leisure Technologies (to appear, 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Pashtan, A., Blattler, R., Heusser, A., Scheuermann, P.: CATIS: A Context-Aware Tourist Information System. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop of Mobile Computing (2003)Google Scholar