Implementing an Internet Image Search Service Based on the AJAX Web Programming Techniques
Due to the extremely rapid growth of the web, search engines cannot spider all the new pages at the same time or with the same priority. Besides, the search engines index their catalogues with different algorithms, having as a result, different response time in updating their directories. Consequently, the user may lose some useful information resources if he chooses to use only one search service. Thus, the user has to resubmit his queries to more search engines, adding in this way, to a process that is already time-consuming . Using a meta-search engine, additional information is provided, without the need to know the query language for the search services that contribute to the search. However, in this kind of retrieval a large amount of inappropriate and useless information is often returned to the user, especially when requiring images.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Craswell N, Hawking D, Thistlewaite PB (1999) Merging results from isolated search engines. In: Proceedings of the 10th Australasian Database Conference, pp. 189–200Google Scholar
- 6.Habili N, Cheng-Chew L, Moini A (2002) Automatic human skin segmentation based on color information in the YCbCr color space. In: Proceedings of the Information, Decision and Control Conference Final Program and Abstracts, pp. 377–382Google Scholar
- 9.Jang MG, Myaeng, SH, Park SH (1999) Using mutual information to resolve query translation ambiguities and query term weighting. In: Proceedings of the 37th Annual Meeting of the Association for computational Linguistics. Washington DC, USA, pp. 223–229Google Scholar
- 14.Phung SL, Bouzerdoum A, Chai D (2002) A novel skin color model in YCbCr color space and its application to human face detection. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP2002), Vol. 1, pp. 289–292Google Scholar
- 15.Sayar A, Pierce M, Fox G (2006) Integrating AJAX approach into GIS visualization Web services. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services/Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications (AICT–ICIW 2006), p. 169Google Scholar
- 17.Umbaugh SE (1998) Computer Vision and Image Processing. Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USAGoogle Scholar
- 20.Zhi-fang L, Zhi-sheng Y, Jain AK, Yun-qiong W (2003) Face detection and facial feature extraction in color image. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications ICCIMA 2003, pp. 126–130Google Scholar