The Potential for Solar Cooling in Iran
It is the aim of this paper to investigate the potential of applying solar air conditioning and solar refrigeration in Iran. The motivation for this research is the growing energy use in the country which put it on the rising energy intensity curve in recent years.
First a review is made on climatic conditions of the country and air conditioning systems in use. Then the whole solar air conditioning system and its components are introduced. A conclusion is made on potential and barriers of employing solar air conditioning systems in Iran.
KeywordsDesiccant Wheel Southern Coastal Area Building Load Evacuate Tube Collector Solar Cool
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).H. M. Henning, “Solar Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration; Task 38 of the IEA Solar Heating and Cooling Programme”, Sustainability Victoria, May 14, 2007, Melbourne, AustrauliaGoogle Scholar
- (4).H. M. Henning, “Solar Assisted Air Conditioning in Buildings — A Handbook for Planners”, Wien: Springer; 2004, ISBN 3-211-00647-8Google Scholar
- (5).H. M. Henning, E. Wiekmen, “Solar Assisted Air-Conditioning of Buildings-An Overview”, ISES Solar World Congress, June 14-19, 2003, Göteborg, SwedenGoogle Scholar
- (6).W. Pridasawas, P. Lundqvist, “Technical Options for a Solar-Driven Cooling System”, ISES Solar World Congress, June 14-19, 2003, Göteborg, SwedenGoogle Scholar
- (7).H. M. Henning, “Concept of the New IEA SHC Task 38 Solar Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration”, International Conference onSolar Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, October18, 2006, Bolzano, ItalyGoogle Scholar