A Fuzzy Approach for Negotiating Quality of Services
A central point when integrating services concerns to the description, agreement and enforcement of the quality aspect of service interaction, usually known as Service Level Agreement (SLA). This paper presents a framework for SLA negotiation based on fuzzy sets. We propose (i) a request language for clients to describe quality preferences, (ii) a publication language for providers to define the qualities of their offered services, and (iii) a decision procedure for granting any client request with a SLA contract fitting the requestor requirements. We start with a restricted framework in which the different qualities of a service are handled independently (as being orthogonal) and then we propose an extension that allows clients and providers to express dependencies among different qualities.
KeywordsService Level Service Level Agreement Linguistic Term Fuzzy Approach Acceptance Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Babuska, R.: Fuzzy systems, modeling and identification. Technical report, Delft University of Technology (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Buscemi, M., Montanari, U.: CC-Pi: A constraint-based language for specifying service level agreements. Manuscript (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Gorla, D., Hennessy, M., Sassone, V.: Security policies as membranes in systems for global computing. Logical Methods in Computer Science, 1(3) (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Keller, A., Ludwig, H.: The WSLA framework: Specifying and monitoring service level agreements for web services. Journal of Network and Systems Management, 11(1) (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Lin, M., Xie, J., Guo, H., Wang, H.: Solving qos-driven web service dynamic composition as fuzzy constraint satisfaction. In: EEE 2005: Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on e-Technology, e-Commerce and e-Service (EEE 2005) on e-Technology, e-Commerce and e-Service, pp. 9–14. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Mohri, M.: Weighted finite-state transducer algorithms: An overview. In: Martín-Vide, C., Mitrana, V., Paun, G. (eds.) Formal Languages and Applications. LNCS, vol. 148, Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.De Nicola, R., Ferrari, G., Montanari, U., Pugliese, R., Tuosto, E.: A formal basis for reasoning on programmable qos. In: Dershowitz, N. (ed.) Verification: Theory and Practice. LNCS, vol. 2772, pp. 436–479. Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Di Penta, M., Troiano, L.: Using fuzzy logic to relax constraints in GA-based service composition. In: GECCO 2005: Proceedings of the 2005 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Web services agreement specification (ws-agreement). version 2005/09 (2005)Google Scholar