MIRACLE’s Ad-Hoc and Geographical IR Approaches for CLEF 2006
This paper presents the 2006 Miracle team’s approaches to the Ad-Hoc and Geographical Information Retrieval tasks. A first set of runs was obtained using a set of basic components. Then, by putting together special combinations of these runs, an extended set was obtained. With respect to previous campaigns some improvements have been introduced in our system: an entity recognition prototype is integrated in our tokenization scheme, and the performance of our indexing and retrieval engine has been improved. For GeoCLEF, we tested retrieving using geo-entity and textual references separately, and then combining them with different approaches.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Goñi-Menoyo, J.M., González, J.C., Villena-Román, J.: Report of MIRACLE Team for the Ad-Hoc Track in CLEF. In: Working Notes for the CLEF 2006 Workshop. Alicante, Spain (2006), http://www.clef-campaign.org/
- 3.Lana-Serrano, S., Goñi-Menoyo, J.M., González, J.C.: Report of MIRACLE Team for Geographical IR in CLEF, Working Notes for the CLEF 2006 Workshop. Alicante, Spain, (2006), http://www.clef-campaign.org/
- 4.Porter, M.: Snowball stemmers and resources page (Visited 30/09/2006), http://www.snowball.tartarus.org
- 5.Robertson, S.E., et al.: Okapi at TREC-3. In: Harman, D.K. (ed.) Overview of the Third Text REtrieval Conference (TREC-3), Gaithersburg, MD: NIST (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.University of Neuchatel. Page of resources for CLEF (Stopwords, transliteration, stemmers) (Visited 30/09/2006), On line http://www.unine.ch/info/clef