Simulation Environment for Anticipatory Behaving Agents from the Artificial Life Domain
Our research is focused on simulation of agents - animates. The architecture of these agents is mainly inspired by nature therefore they are sometimes called artificial creatures. The main contribution of this paper is the description of designed simulation environment architecture for the Artificial Life (ALife) domain. It was named the World of Artificial Life (WAL). Our platform incorporates results of research in domain of hybrid agent architectures.
KeywordsAnticipation ALife Hybrid Architecture Behavior Animate Artificial creatures
- 1.Kohout, K.: The Simulation of Animates Behavior and its Visualization. Diploma Thesis at the CTU, FEE, Dept. of Cybernetics (supervised by Nahodil, P.) Prague (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.StarLogo on the Web [online] (last rev: March 2007), http://education.mit.edu/starlogo/
- 3.StarLogo, TNG: [online] (last rev. March 2007), http://education.mit.edu/starlogo-tng/
- 4.The Swarm Development Group [online] (last rev. June 2007), http://wiki.swarm.org
- 5.Natural Resources and Multi-Agent Simulations [online] (last rev. November 2006), http://cormas.cirad.fr/indexeng.htm