eServices for Hospital Equipment
In this paper we explore the idea that by combining different sources of information in a hospital environment, valuable e-services can be developed for reducing cost and improving quality of service.
Companies, like Philips Medical Systems, may have a competitive advantage, because they have a large installed base which may provide valuable information already, and because they can change their products to provide additional information.
To optimally benefit from this advantage, we created a platform that enables quick development of e-services. The platform enables uniform access to data, combines static with live data, and supports transparent composition of existing, into new services.
We discuss the requirements, design, and implementation of the platform, and we show its use in a case study that addresses asset management and utilization services for mobile medical equipment.
KeywordsUtilization Service Hospital Environment Asset Management Simple Object Access Protocol Hospital Equipment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.AeroScout (2007), Available at: http://www.aeroscout.com/
- 3.Apache axiom (2007), Available at: http://ws.apache.org/commons/axiom/
- 4.Apache Axis2 (2007), Available at: http://ws.apache.org/axis2/
- 5.Central authentication service: single sign-on for the web (2007), Available at: http://www.ja-sig.org/products/cas/
- 6.Christensen, E., Curbera, F., Meredith, G., Weerawarana, S.: Web services description language (WSDL) 1.1 (2001), Available at http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl
- 7.Erl, T.: Service-Oriented Architecture: Concepts, Technology, and Design. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Google Web Toolkit (2007), Available at: http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/
- 9.Slominski, A.: Design of a pull and push parser system for streaming XML. Technical Report 550, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana (May 2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Simple object access protocol (SOAP) (2003), Available at: http://www.w3.org/TR/soap/
- 11.Web services activity (2007), Available at: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/
- 12.XMPP standards foundation (2007), Available at: http://www.xmpp.org/