Modeling and Management of Service Level Agreements for Digital Video Broadcasting(DVB) Services
This paper describes a metamodeling strategy of Service Level Agreements for Digital Video Broadcasting services based on Service Level Agreement Language(SLAng). The purpose of the paper is to provide a detailed analysis of SLAs in this domain and provide a motivation for modeling and automating their management. We also discuss why precise and machine readable SLAs can improve the levels of automation in SLA Management thereby reducing potential violations. The meta-modeling approach based on the Model Driven Architecture(MDA) described in this paper also simplifies the integration of a SLA Management systems with other infrastructure that delivers the service to the client.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bournan, J.: Specification of service level agreements clarifying concepts on the basis of practical research. Software Technology and Engineering Practice, 1999, pp. 169–178 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Paschke, A.: A declarative rule-based service level agreement language based on ruleml. In: International Conference on Intelligent Agents, Web Technology and Internet Commerce, University of Munich, November 2005, vol. 2, pp. 308–314 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.James, S.: Slang - language for service level agreements. Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Computer Science, Univerity College London, Malet Place, London WC1E 6BT, UK (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Lamanna, D.D., Skene, J., Emmerich, W.: Slang: a language for defining service level agreements. In: FTDCS 2003. Proceedings the Ninth IEEE Workshop on Future Trends of Distributed Computing Systems, pp. 100–106. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Molina-Jimenez, C., Shrivastava, S., Solaiman, Warne, J.: Contract representation for run-time monitoring and enforcement. In: Proceedings IEEE International Conference on E-Commerce. CEC 2003, pp. 103 – 110 (2003), http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/COEC.2003.1210239
- 7.Dubery, P., Wilson, D.: Policing slas for digital video. Cable and Satellite International, Tech. Rep. (May 2003) [Online]. available: http://www.cable-satellite.com/features/may_jun%2003/csi%2029_30.pdf
- 8.Skene, J.: The uclmda tools, robust implementation of omg standards for research and development. Open Source ProjectGoogle Scholar