A Practical Provider Authentication System for Bidirectional Broadcast Service
Several content distribution services via the Internet have been developed, and a number of bidirectional broadcasting services will be provided in the near future. Since such bidirectional broadcasting treats personal information of the users, provider authentication is necessary. Taking the currently existing broadcasting system using CAS cards into account, Ohtake et al. recently proposed the provider authentication system which utilizes key-insulated signature (KIS) schemes. However, the authors did not refer to details of what kind of KIS should be used. In this paper we supplement their works in terms of KIS specification. We carefully identify what kind of KIS should be used and propose concrete KIS schemes which realize both the reliability and the robustness required for the bidirectional broadcasting service.
Keywordsprovider authentication bidirectional broadcasting digital signature key-insulated signature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Association of Radio Industries and Businesses, Conditional Access System Specifications for Digital Broadcasting ARIB STD-B25 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Bellare, M., Rogaway, P.: Collision-Resistant Hashing: Towards Making UOWHFs Practical. In: Kaliski Jr., B.S. (ed.) CRYPTO 1997. LNCS, vol. 1294, pp. 320–335. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Canetti, R., Goldreich, O., Halevi, S.: The Random Oracle Methodology, Revisited. In: Proc. of STOC’98, pp. 209–218 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Matsuda, T., Attrapadung, N., Hanaoka, G., Matsuura, K., Imai, H.: A CDH-based Strongly Unforgeable Signature in the Standard Model without Collision Resistant Hash Function (in Japanese). In: Proc. of SCIS’07 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Ohtake, G., Hanaoka, G., Ogawa, K.: Provider Authentication for Bidirectional Broadcasting Service with Fixed Verification Key. In: Proc. of ISITA’06 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, X., Yin, Y.L., Yu, H.: Finding Collisions in the Full SHA-1. In: Shoup, V. (ed.) CRYPTO 2005. LNCS, vol. 3621, pp. 12–36. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar