Synthesizing Proactive Assistance with Heterogeneous Agents
This paper describes outcome from a project aimed at creating an instance of integrated environment endowed with heterogeneous software and robotic agents to actively assist an elderly person at home. Specifically, a proactive environment for continuous daily activity monitoring has been created in which an autonomous robot acts as the main interactor with the person. This paper describes how the synergy of different technologies guarantees an overall intelligent behavior capable of personalized and contextualized interaction with the assisted person.
KeywordsConstraint Satisfaction Problem Constraint Violation Smart Home Activity Monitor Heterogeneous Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Levinson, R.: PEAT - The Planning and Execution Assistant and Trainer. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Pollack, M.: Intelligent Technology for an Aging Population:The Use of AI to Assist Elders with Cognitive Impairment. AI Magazine 26, 9–24 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Haigh, H.Z., Kiff, L.M., Ho, G.: The Independent Lifestyle Assistant (I.L.S.A.): Lessons Learned. Assistive Technology 18 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Myers, K.: CALO: Building an intelligent personal assistant. Invited Talk. In: AAAI 2006. The Twenty-First National Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the Eighteenth Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence Conference (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Pecora, F., Modi, P., Scerri, P.: Reasoning About and Dynamically Posting n-ary Constraints in ADOPT. In: Proceedings of 7th Int. Workshop on Distributed Constraint Reasoning (DCR-06), at AAMAS 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Bahadori, S., Cesta, A., Iocchi, L., Leone, G., Nardi, D., Pecora, F., Rasconi, R., Scozzafava, L.: Towards Ambient Intelligence for the Domestic Care of the Elderly. In: Remagnino, P., Foresti, G., Ellis, T. (eds.) Ambient Intelligence: A Novel Paradigm, Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar